In having a blog, I was on a constant lookout for topics, and in so doing, became more mindful of the day-to-day interactions with my son. “Why might he be acting like this?” “What’s the best way to handle this situation?” “Why do I feel so strongly about these values?” Through reading, relying on my “village,” and often learning on the job, I wrote what worked for me, essentially creating a record or a guide for my own parenting.
Which posts seemed to make an impression? Many of the topics are near and dear to me, and apparently also resonated with you. These 12 posts garnered the most comments, the most shares, and the most views and hits:
- Cranky after a nap: How to help your child wake up happier
- 3 reasons your kid doesn’t have to hug everyone
- Surprising differences between singleton and twin pregnancies
- Why I regret rocking my baby to sleep
- How to respond when adults tease your child
- What to do when your child misses a parent
- Are you sharing too much of your kids online?
- Dads are co-parents, not babysitters
- Why forcing kids to say sorry may not be a good idea
- Child sexual abuse: what you can do to protect your kids
- The biggest reason parents should stand their ground
- “Respect the no”: 3 reasons to listen when kids say no
The PDF contains all top 12 posts as well as insightful comments for you. As I’ve mentioned a few times, some of the best advice can be found in the comments section, well after the post has finished.
I hope 2012 holds good memories for you and your family. Thank you for keeping me company as I continue to write, learn and share.Survey: Tell me what you think about my blog!