As I do with major changes in his life, I found children’s books we can read together to help him sort through any emotions and expectations he may have about entering preschool. Below are 8 children’s books about going to school well worth a read:
- The Berenstain Bears Go to School by Stan Berenstain
- Maisy Goes to Preschool by Lucy Cousins
- Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes by Eric Litwin
- Froggy Goes to School by Jonathan London
- The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten by Joseph Slate (this was a particular favorite, to the point where I had to keep renewing the book from the library because he kept wanting to read it!)
- How Do Dinosaurs Go To School? by Jane Yolen
Edit: Below are more books based on SSBE reader recommendations:
Which books have you read? Do you have other recommendations to introduce the idea of school to kids?
Disclosure: Amazon links are my affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
Latest posts by Nina (see all)
- Does Your Baby Wants to Be Held Constantly? One Simple Solution to Try - July 7, 2015
- When Does Caring for Twins Get Easier? - July 5, 2015
- Coping Methods for Cholestasis of Pregnancy and Other Itch-Related Complications - July 2, 2015