5 Things I’ve Never Told You about Myself

5 things I've never told you about myselfFor all that I share on my parenting journey here at Sleeping Should Be Easy, I realize that you may still not know some tidbits about me. Since it’s a holiday for some today, I thought I’d keep today’s post light and fun by sharing 5 random things I’ve never told you about myself:
  1. I’m the youngest of five kids. I wouldn’t trade my position in this hierarchy, either—as the youngest, I learn a ton from them. My siblings and I are also very close and I’m grateful to have this relationship with my family.
  2. I have a background in graphic design and marketing. This might explain all the visuals, PDFs and infographics you see on this blog.
  3. I do a bit of calligraphy here and there. I picked this up in my senior year in high school when one of our teachers, desperate to fill out our end-of-the-year awards, needed someone to write out the names onto the certificates. Since I have neat handwriting, she asked me, and I taught myself calligraphy from there.
  4. I used to write books and workbooks as a kid, which I’m convinced was the origin of all this blog-writing. The backs of the books featured a coupon for a discount on your next purchase, which I’m convinced was the beginning of my marketing know-how.
  5. I’ve been writing in a journal since I was nine years old. One of my sisters gave me a diary for my birthday and I’ve been writing ever since.

Okay, your turn—I want to know about you: tell me something totally random about yourself.

Comments

How wonderful to find out some more personal things about you Nina, and we share something in common. I’m the baby of five too! My big sisters are my inspiration for motherhood, bringing up 13 amazing children between them.
    Anne recently posted..Missing the sunMy Profile

Thanks, Anne! Yay, another youngest :) Although we only have 9 grand kids among the five of us. It’s crazy how in today’s world that’s still sort of big, because I have a *ton* of cousins. My husband and I have, between the two of us, 128 cousins! And that’s not counting their partners or children (his grandma on his dad’s side alone has 47 grandchildren).
      Nina recently posted..5 things I’ve never told you about myselfMy Profile

Hi Nina!
    I love learning more about you! Nice post!

I just had eye muscle surgery on Friday and I can barely see but I can’t stay away! My first eye surgery was at 2 and then at 4. I’m about 10 years late for this one but you know, life happens. I’ve been in bed for 3 days and my mind is full of ideas for my blog.!! Have a great MLK day! xoxo
    Betty recently posted..HumpMy Profile

Betty, what’s the eye surgery for? I hope everything is okay? My eyesight is terrible (as in -10.75) and every single person in my family has eye problems, some of which were pretty serious, so I take my eyes very seriously! Seems though that you are recovering well, and all that rest is giving you a jump start on blogging ideas, yay! Can’t wait to see them. Happy MLK to you too!
      Nina recently posted..5 things I’ve never told you about myselfMy Profile

Queenie, I recently went to a Sanrio store at the mall to buy my niece a diary (keeping up the tradition here 😉 ) and wow, talk about bringing back memories. I used to buy everything Sanrio. Keroppi was probably my favorite but I also had My Melody and I forget now the name of the white duck wearing a blue shirt.
      Nina recently posted..5 things I’ve never told you about myselfMy Profile

3. Kerry says

Fun, fun!
    I’m the youngest of four… I always had the neatest handwriting in my classes, too, until jr. High when I saw that some other girls actually had nice handwriting – I was appalled ; ) …my favorite color is green (ever since age three when you could always find me with a green cup filled with dry Cheerios!)
    Kerry recently posted..pie dish browniesMy Profile

Yay, another youngest! The crazy thing about my handwriting is that it’s still the same from back in the day! It went through some crazy transitions during elementary and middle school years but pretty much stay put after that. And you are so lucky you have a favorite color. I still can’t decide on what mine is!
      Nina recently posted..5 things I’ve never told you about myselfMy Profile

I was so excited to click to this from Twitter! It’s nice to get to know you. I too have a background in marketing (alas, not design) and a journaling history that goes back to my single digits. Totally random? I loved Nancy Drew and The Babysitters Club books as a girl.
    Lynn (@wanderlynn) recently posted..Frosty FridayMy Profile

Hi Lynn! I also read a few Nancy Drew as a girl, but it was really BSC that kept me reading. I even passed down my books to my younger cousins, continuing the tradition of Kristy, Claudia, Maryanne and all those cool girls. Funny to think about 11 and 13 year olds now having a baby-sitting club, but reading it back then, they seemed so old and mature!

5. Ana says

Nina! I love this! It’s nice to get to know more about the writer at a personal level. One fun fact about me is that I am a HUGE Friends fan. I have all 10 seasons on DVD and I watch at least one episode every day. This totally relaxes me and keeps me sane. :)

You are so cute Ana! I think I’m an honorary Friends fan. Does having seen each episode count? I don’t have all the DVDs or watch every day, but I *do* have the Friends board game, boo-yah! I remember watching The Ring in the theater and feeling scared as heck. First thing I did when I got home? Watch Friends, lol.
      Nina recently posted..5 things I’ve never told you about myselfMy Profile

• Ana says

Haha! That’s awesome! Now that you mention it, I totally need to get the board game now lol. And yes, watching every episode counts. Although with me, insanely enough, I’ve watched *every* episode more than once. >_< lol.