For all that I share on my parenting journey here at Sleeping Should Be Easy, I realize that you may still not know some tidbits about me. Since it’s a holiday for some today, I thought I’d keep today’s post light and fun by sharing 5 random things I’ve never told you about myself:
- I’m the youngest of five kids. I wouldn’t trade my position in this hierarchy, either—as the youngest, I learn a ton from them. My siblings and I are also very close and I’m grateful to have this relationship with my family.
- I have a background in graphic design and marketing. This might explain all the visuals, PDFs and infographics you see on this blog.
- I do a bit of calligraphy here and there. I picked this up in my senior year in high school when one of our teachers, desperate to fill out our end-of-the-year awards, needed someone to write out the names onto the certificates. Since I have neat handwriting, she asked me, and I taught myself calligraphy from there.
- I used to write books and workbooks as a kid, which I’m convinced was the origin of all this blog-writing. The backs of the books featured a coupon for a discount on your next purchase, which I’m convinced was the beginning of my marketing know-how.
- I’ve been writing in a journal since I was nine years old. One of my sisters gave me a diary for my birthday and I’ve been writing ever since.
Okay, your turn—I want to know about you: tell me something totally random about yourself.