Below are some of the books we enjoyed reading to our son. We tailored the language to fit our circumstances (e.g. “big brother,” “the babies,”). Hopefully this list can help you introduce the idea of your new baby to your older kids.
- I’m a Big Brother or I’m a Big Sister by Joanna Cole
- Babies Don’t Eat Pizza by Dianne Danzig
- We Have a Baby by Cathryn Falwell
- My New Baby by Rachel Fuller
- The New Baby by Mercer Mayer
- Everywhere Babies by Susan Meyers
- Hello Baby! by Lizzy Rockwell
- The New Baby by Fred Rogers
- Baby on the Way by William Sears
- Waiting for Baby by Harriet Ziefert
Edit: Below are more books based on SSBE reader comments:
- Peter’s Chair by Ezra Jack Keats
- What Baby Needs by William Sears
- Baby Loves You So Much by Eileen Spinelli
Did you have a favorite book you read to your older children about their new baby brother or sister?