I’m excited to announce that the twins are here! I’ve been meaning to write a proper post but two other reasons (three including my older son) have taken up my time.
Still… When I received an email from blogger buddy Betty from My Friend Betty Says checking in, I figured I should update you on the good news as well. Especially considering the less than good news I had been posting recently regarding cholestasis and friends, I just wanted to reassure you that all is well with me and the babies.
So, some updates:
- The boys are healthy and despite being preemie twins, were able to come home with us.
- I don’t know what’s worse: sleep deprivation the last few weeks of a twin pregnancy (coupled with complications) or the sleep deprivation the first few weeks after the twins are born. I’d put my money on post delivery, but that may be because of selective memory and living in the moment!
- The PUPPPs rash came back slightly, grr. It’s supposed to taper off after a week.
- Labor and delivery deserve their own posts, but in summary, we were apparently the celebrities at the hospital because of the twin vaginal delivery, all my complications, and other complications post delivery.
- Life with two newborns can kick the crap out of any mom. Even with three adults in the house it’s not enough.
- I’m trying to rest as much as I can. I remind myself that I’m also in need of help and recuperating and that I’m not in a place to care for other people.
- My older son is reacting normally, meaning bouts of excitement along with plenty of patience-testing and regression. He’s even very poetic and says that he wants to be a baby that will turn into a bird and fly. It’s amazing to see him kiss his brothers’ toes and at the same time frustrating when he’s all but beng unreasonable.
- Emotionally I’m much better off this time around than my first pregnancy. I suppose it’s because I know what to expect.
Right now my older son is yelling at the top of his head while my husband is maintaining his calm somehow with him. Unbelievably the two babies are sleeping through all this. Our dishwasher is broken, my back hurts and I’m getting sleep in 25-minute increments.
Still… I’m blessed that my babies were born with nothing wrong with them, their lungs fully developed and having passed all the newborn tests. So life is still good. Even at 3:30 in the morning.
I’ll post again soon enough when sleep allows 🙂