This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tom’s of Maine. All opinions are 100% mine. This article contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
It’s tempting to ignore what’s happening to our environment. After all, our impact on Earth is sporadic, like sudden storms or heat waves we see as flukes. Other times, changes are so gradual, we don’t see how we’re contributing to them. Things like the slow melting of icebergs or the gradual increase in global temperature. Without a dire need to change, we’re less likely to maintain a green lifestyle.
Earth Day—today—reminds us how much more we need to go. We remember it’s actually the day-to-day decisions that matter and make a collective difference. Earth Day also pushes for initiatives that might not go through without public support.
And the #1 reason Earth Day matters to me? My kids. They’re the ones who’ll inherit everything I’m doing now.
You may feel like you don’t make an impact on our environment, but you have the power of choice. Think about all the things you do every day that puts a vote towards helping or hurting the earth. These are the little things my family and I do. We…
- Walk to the twins’ preschool
- Buy local food at our Sunday farmers market
- Plant vegetables in our container garden
- Think about whether we really need to buy something
- Use natural personal care products
Using natural products in particular is one of the easiest way to make a big change. Think about all the products you use, the ingredients in them, and how they’re disposed. Many of them drain into our water system and absorb into our bodies.
Tom’s of Maine has been committed to caring for communities and our planet for over 45 years. And their Made to Matter Collection offers products free of artificial dyes, fragrances, flavors and preservatives. They’re never tested on animals. These products include:
- Luminous White Toothpaste: A natural whitening toothpaste safe for enamel and is gluten- and paraben-free.
- Wicked Cool! Deodorant: A natural deodorant made just for boys and girls, free of aluminum, parabens and artificial fragrances.
- North Woods Men’s Antiperspirant: A natural antiperspirant for men without petrochemicals, artificial fragrances or irritation.
Check out these products exclusively at your local Target in the toothpaste aisle. Simple changes like buying natural personal care products is a vote for all that Earth Day stands for. Check out Target’s Made to Matter cartwheel offer.
Build habits that contribute to our planet’s well-being. By focusing on the day-to-day actions, Earth Day becomes Every Day.
Tell me in the comments: Do you use natural personal care products? What are you doing to celebrate Earth Day?