Check out the ultimate list of pumpkin books for preschoolers to welcome the fall season, learn about the growth cycle, and celebrate the holidays!
Hands down, fall is my favorite season. I may not be able to see as many trees changing colors, living in Los Angeles and everything, but fall marks a new energy that seems to lift my spirits. And one of my favorite fall traditions is picking out pumpkins with my kids.
This is especially fun during the preschool stage. Kids start to understand traditions, the changes of the season, and of course Halloween.
And it’s often the first time kids can participate, from picking and decorating pumpkins to scooping and washing the seeds. They can enjoy the festivities at a pumpkin patch, and even help bake (and eat!) the pumpkin pie.
One of the best ways to mark the season—and to encourage their interests—is to read pumpkin books for preschoolers.
They may have graduated from baby board books, and they may not be reading longer texts. But these pumpkin books are geared specifically for preschoolers who can’t get enough of pumpkins. The topics vary, from Halloween themed to how a pumpkin grows to welcoming the fall.
And it seems like you can’t run out of pumpkin books for preschoolers. I’ve listed 31 books below, so you can even read one book for the month if you’re so inclined.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my boys did:
Pumpkin books for preschoolers
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links, which means I will earn a commission—at no extra cost to you—if you make a purchase.
- Biscuit Visits the Pumpkin Patch by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie by Denys Cazet
- Pumpkin Soup by Helen Cooper
- Seed, Sprout, Pumpkin, Pie by Jill Esbaum
- Pumpkin Eye by Denise Fleming
- Corduroy’s Best Halloween Ever! by Don Freeman
- The Pumpkin Book by Gail Gibbons
- Splat the Cat and the Pumpkin-Picking Plan by Catherine Hapka
- The Ugly Pumpkin by Dave Horowitz
- Pumpkin Jack by Will Hubbell
- Picking Apples and Pumpkins by Amy Hutchings
- The Vanishing Pumpkin by Tony Johnston
- The Biggest Pumpkin Ever by Steven Kroll
- Pumpkin Circle by George Levenson
- Pumpkin Cat by Anne Mortimer
- How Many Seeds In a Pumpkin? by Margaret McNamara
- Pumpkin Town! by Katie McKy
- The Very Best Pumpkin by Mark Kimball Moulton
- From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer
- Pumpkins by Ken Robbins
- Apples and Pumpkins by Anne Rockwell
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown by Charles M. Schulz
- Plumply, Dumply Pumpkin by Mary Serfozo
- Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman
- Pumpkin Trouble by Jan Thomas
- Pumpkin Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington
- Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White
- Pumpkin Moonshine by Tasha Tudor
- The Roll-Away Pumpkin by Junia Wonders
- Little Boo by Stephen Wunderli
- Penguin and Pumpkin by Salina Yoon
Read-aloud children’s books
Want even more book selections? Join my newsletter and download my Read Aloud Book List! You’ll get hundreds of favorite selections to read aloud with your kids. Get it below—at no cost to you:
Get more tips:
- Top Children’s Books about Halloween
- 18 Winter Books for Preschoolers
- Top Toys for Preschoolers
- Help Your Child Transition to Preschool (and Calm Your Nerves as Well!)
- 20 Easy Activities for Three Year Olds You Can Do Any Day
Tell me in the comments: What are your favorite pumpkin books for preschoolers?