I was eight-years-old and hustling for side income. Okay, I wouldn’t put it that stark, but even at that age, I was already trying to make money. It started with a “cleaning service,” complete with ads I still have today: “Want your house cleaned? Tell Nina,” the 5.5 x 8.5″ ad said in bubble letters. I don’t think my mom bought into that venture.
Then I moved on to $3 massages. I’d massage my mom and sisters and charge $3. Sometimes $1 when I threw in a discount.
When that ran its course, I wrote books and workbooks out of extra notepads. The last page included a coupon to get the next book for less.
Perhaps the best one was in middle school when I’d sell the lyrics to R&B and rap songs to my classmates. Yup, I’d record the songs from the radio on my cassette tape, listen to it over and over and write the lyrics. I didn’t know half the things said on those songs (thank goodness!), but I wrote it down nonetheless. Then I would copy them for 25 cents each, or for a pencil.
As I grew older, the “making money on the side” bug never left, just matured to other ventures. I did a stint where I made handmade cards and invitations. I did calligraphy. And of course graphic design.
Now, it’s blogging and writing. It’s been the most successful and fulfilling, not to mention the best use of my time. And through blogging, I learned about PatPat.
Earn extra money with PatPat
PatPat is a shopping app that saves you money on high-quality items like baby gear and clothes. I first told you about PatPat a few months ago, encouraging you to try it as a shopper. Today, I want to tell you how you can use it as a way to earn extra money.
To recap, PatPat is a mobile shopping app. You can download the free app on your smart phone and check out how easy shopping for quality items with the best deals is. The target audience of the PatPat app are moms looking for great deals.
As a PatPat ambassador, you earn credit and cash when you share the PatPat app with your friends and family. Check out a few examples of just how much ambassadors can earn (these earnings aren’t mine, by the way):
How it works:
- For each new user you get to sign up for PatPat using your discount code, you get $5 in credit. So your friend gets 25% off their first order, and you get $5 in credit. You can use that credit to find your own deals on PatPat, or…
- For every $500 credit you accumulate, you get $300 in cash. It gets better: for every $1,000 credit, you get $700 in cash.
- Your rewards don’t stop at first-time signups either. For every following order your referred friends spend using your 10% discount code, you get a 5% commission. (Orders using credit don’t count though.)
- PatPat will also help you spread the word with personalized promo material.
- You’ll get a free holiday gift from PatPat.
Some more details:
- You’ll need at least 30 new referral orders per month after the first month. (That’s 30 items ordered, not 30 people.) The first month is all about finding your groove and different methods to get the word out about PatPat. So for your first month, you don’t need to meet your monthly quota (but it’s awesome if you do).
- You can cash out your wallet money for cash at the end of each month by check or PayPal.
How to apply:
- First, if you don’t already have the app, download it here on the Android or on the iPhone.
- Then, learn more about the ambassador program.
- Next, sign up using the registration form.
- Or simply send your name, your PatPat account email with the email subject “Apply for PatPat Ambassador” to [email protected].
You don’t have to sell R&B lyrics for 25 cents or write calligraphy for wedding invitations. Sign up to be a PatPat ambassador and earn extra money!
Tell me in the comments: What are some ways you’ve earned extra money?