Get ready for fun with these Halloween books for kids. Read picture books on mummies, ghosts, and pumpkins as you head into our spookiest season!
Halloween has always been one of my family’s favorite holidays, especially with so many traditions every year, like:
- A candy scavenger hunt around the house
- Playing games like Halloween Mad Libs and word search
- Watching and listening to Halloween-themed movies and music
- Decorating our home with tombstones and cobwebs
- Picking out a pumpkin to decorate
- Wearing costumes to trick-or-treat
And of course, we read Halloween books for kids. They’re “spooky” enough to celebrate the cast of Halloween characters but not so over-the-top to feel scary for little ones.
Some of these books are even Halloween adaptations of well-known characters like Pete the Cat and the Click, Clack, Moo farm animals. Others are books from familiar authors like Dav Pilkey and Sandra Boynton. And others are standalone Halloween books that have become family favorites in our home.
Hopefully, these Halloween books for kids can get you set for the spookiest season of the year:
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Halloween books for kids
Read these next:
- The Ultimate List of Pumpkin Books for Preschoolers
- Thanksgiving Children’s Books
- Rainy Day Activities for 1 Year Olds
- Children’s Books about Family
- 10 Favorite Children’s Books by Julia Donaldson
Free resource: Want even more book ideas? Join my newsletter and grab your copy of the Read Aloud Book List! You’ll get hundreds of favorite selections to read aloud with your kids. Get it below—at no cost to you: