Welcome to Sleeping Should Be Easy! This blog caters to many aspects of parenthood, from the newborn days to helping your child learn to discipline. To help you navigate through the site, below are the pages I recommend you start with:
Child behavior and discipline
At SSBE, we’re all about parenting with purpose and intention. I encourage parents to connect with their child and teach him how to behave, instead of simply doling punishment. I also help parents learn how to manage their temper and find effective ways to get through to their kids when they misbehave. These posts are must-reads:
- How to Discipline a Toddler Who Deliberately Disobeys
- 9 Warning Signs You’re Raising a Spoiled Child
- How to Stop Your Toddler from Hitting
- Help Your Child WANT to Behave
- Why You Shouldn’t Force Kids to Say Sorry
I also recommend picking up my book, Parenting with Purpose, which includes the overall parenting principles I talk about on the blog. Readers and reviewers love it (5 stars on Amazon!).
Pregnancy and babies
The pregnancy and newborn stage are some of the toughest. I and many of the parents here offer tips on surviving and enjoying your pregnancy. I also share advice when you enter that newborn stage, whether for the first time or fourth. These posts will make sure you’re prepared before the baby comes and offers practical tips when he does:
- Newborn Care Tips and Tricks for New Moms You’ll Be Glad You Read
- How to Teach Your Baby to Self Soothe
- 12 Breastfeeding Secrets Every Mom Should Know
- How to Deal with Gender Disappointment During Your Pregnancy
- How to Get Your Baby to Sleep Without Being Held
All things twins
Many parents on SSBE are also twin parents of twins. This site has become a useful resource for twin moms and dads looking for specific advice. Start with these posts to guide you in the right direction to all things twins:
- Surprising Differences Between Singleton and Twin Pregnancies You Never Knew
- Twin Baby Registry Must-Haves
- How to Sleep Train Twins: The Ultimate Guide
- Raising Twins after a Singleton
- Interesting Facts about Twins You Probably Didn’t Know
Not only are posts here useful, they’re also insightful. I encourage healthy discussion on many of my posts, particularly about parenthood. We’re all in this together, and these posts are fantastic starting points to read about everything parenthood:
- Should Dads Wake Up with Baby Even if He Has to Work?
- These Are the Things Your Kids Will Remember About You
- Bad Parenting Habits We Need to Break
- 4 Things You Shouldn’t Say about Other People’s Children
- 14 Funny Comments People without Kids Say
Part of raising kids is simply getting through the day in one piece! If you’re looking for posts on family life, from meal planning to chores to getting out of the house on time, then these posts are for you.
- When Your Toddler Wakes Up Crying: Useful Techniques to Help Your Child Wake Up Happy
- Finally… Meal Planning for Beginners
- 8 Tips for Your Child’s First Haircut at a Salon
- Why You Should Definitely Intervene when Adults Overwhelm Your Kids
- 10 Frugal Tips for Moms that Actually Save You Money
How kids learn
I’m a huge fan of encouraging our kids to learn and enjoy learning. At SSBE, we talk about early literacy, favorite books and teaching skills and values to help them succeed. If you want your child to excel in school and love learning as well, check out these posts:
- Help Your Child Recognize Letters and Numbers
- How to Raise a Smart Child
- Why You Shouldn’t Reward Your Kids (And What to Do Instead)
- Why It’s Not Good to Say Good Job (and What to Say Instead)
- 3 Techniques to Help Your Child Improve Focus
FREE: My ebook, Time Management Strategies for the Overwhelmed Mom
I’d love to share some of my best material with you in my ebook, Time Management Strategies for the Overwhelmed Mom, when you subscribe to my newsletter. This 28-page ebook is chock-full of practical tips and advice on how to feel less overwhelmed. You’ll also receive exclusive weekly parenting tips you won’t find on the blog and tons of giveaways only for subscribers.
Sign up here:
I’m here for you!
Guess what: You are the reason I blog. Yes, you! I want to hear your concerns and challenges. Your success stories and goals. I want to know how else I can help you. I personally read every email I get, so if you ever have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.
Get time management strategies, FREE!
Do you feel overwhelmed balancing the needs of your family and your role as a mom? Struggling to find the time to get everything done? Get organized with a FREE copy of my ebook, Time Management Strategies for the Overwhelmed Mom!